This list is meant to highlight some of the awesome dance studios throughout the United States and in no way is meant to be a comprehensive list. We here at BDancewear.com think that if you are a dance studio anywhere teaching people to dance you are doing something amazing and deserve recognition! This is a small list of some of the studios that we think are going above and beyond. However if your studio isn’t on this list and you think it should be feel free to leave a comment or email Brittany@BDancewear.com and we would love to write an article about your studio.
40. The Columbia City Jazz Dance School and Company – The Columbia City Jazz Dance School and Company (“CCJDS”) believes in teaching proper technique starting with your very first dance class. They pride themselves on having a professional, fun and family-like atmosphere in which to learn. Their teachers have extensive backgrounds in dance instruction and their performance. In 2006, they got an invitation from an agency in Singapore that specialized in bringing foreign talent in for their clients. They were asked if they’d be interested in producing a number of performances there during the holiday season. Some negotiating back and forth on travel arrangements and the type of shows they wanted CCJDS to put together for them, and CCJDS was off on an amazing adventure on the far side of the world. Dancing in Singapore was a wonderful experience for them. They were very honored to share their love of dance with people on the other side of the world! The audiences there started out a bit reserved. CCJDS was told that they could tell if the people in Singapore liked them if they stayed and watched and didn’t walk off. After a day or two, CCJDS had them clapping and cheering with them. These are truly lovely people here!
39. New Jersey Center of Dance – New Jersey Center of Dance & Performing Arts (“NJCD”) “where dancing becomes an art form with two convenient locations to serve you, their new 10,000 square foot facility conveniently located off Route 18 N in Old Bridge and their second facility is located at the incredible Frogbridge Day Camp located in Millstone. Their professional instructors are trained to bring out the dancer in your child. Whether you choose dance for recreation or are seeking more intensive training, NJCOD can meet your needs. But don’t just take their word for it. Dancer Universe recently rated them one of the top 50 most competitive dance studios in North America. Their competitive dance team the “Special Kays” continues to excel! They welcome new additions to join their growing competitive dance program. About the Special Kays.They are a nationally recognized competitive dance team from Old Bridge and Millstone Township, New Jersey. They are proudly celebrating their 24th year of dancing success. During this time they have gone from a few talented dancers to the #3 top competitive dance studio in the state of New Jersey. The Dancer Magazine has ranked NJCOD the 44th top dance studio in North America. Their dance team consists of more than 65 children ages 4-18 that are actively competing against some of the best schools in the country. In previous seasons they have had four or five regional dance competitions where they have consistently received High Overall Scores and numerous top Choreography Honors. The Old Bridge Studio opened in 2006, this new 10,000 square foot facility is conveniently located off Route 18 North in Old Bridge NJ, just minutes from Route 9. Each of the expansive rooms allow the dancers to move across the floor unrestricted and provide the dancer freedom of movement. The floors are specially designed to reduce strain on the dancers’ feet and legs. A large reception area provides plenty of area for parents to relax and watch your child dance through the rooms vision panels and on their Closed Circuit TV’s. The Millstone studio is located at the prestigious Frogbridge Day Camp, just minutes from Routes 537 & 195 in Southern Millstone Two. This location is ideal for residents of Upper Freehold, Cream Ridge, Plumstead, New Egypt, Allentown, Millstone and areas of Freehold and Jackson!
38. Dance Town – They are quickly growing to become America’s premier dance studio. This year, thanks to the hard work of their students and teachers, they have made their mark in ways unheard of for family-grown studios such as ours. They placed two contestants into the finals of Paula Abdul’s Live to Dance television series: the all male dance group Dancetown Chaos, and grand prize winners D’Angelo and Amanda. Members of Dancetown Chaos went on to perform alongside Paula at the grand opening of Universal Studios Singapore while D’Angelo and Amanda continued to perform on world-renowned stages such as on The Oprah Winfrey Show. Continuing their student’s success, Dancetown’s own Miami All Stars competed on Season 6 of America’s Got Talent, rising to the top 10 after a series of awe-inspiring performances. They aren’t stopping there, however, and their students are continuing to train as hard as ever so that they can continue to press forward and exceed expectations. The future looks bright for their studio, but their highest profiles remain the same: to share the love and respect they have for the art of dance with their students and for them to continue to grow in talent, in discipline, and as people. Their hard work and dedication, together with the platform that they provide them, has resulted in a number of incredible and unrivaled opportunities being presented to them. As their students grow in talent, the global audience they are able to reach out to and inspire grows as well.
37. Dance Unlimited LLC – Dance Unlimited LLC was voted best studio in 2014. The Top Reasons to Choose their Dance Program include: State-of-the-art dance studios with professional sprung floors that help reduce fatigue and prevent injuries; Professional, educated and caring instructors providing quality, individual instruction; Small class sizes to ensure individual attention for each and every student; Desk staff available during class times to provide customer service; Their facility is conveniently located by several area schools including Hussey, Farrington, Cony and CATC; Three convenient payment options and an unlimited class option; Convenient options to have two or more students in different programs at the same time; and Voted Best Dance Studio in the Greater Augusta area every year since their opening! “DANCE CLASSES FOR EVERYONE” – The staff of Dance Unlimited, LLC are committed to providing each and every student with the highest quality dance education in a caring and nurturing environment. Their goal is to provide a fun and enjoyable learning experience that enables the student to build self-confidence and their dance technique. They provide great birthday parties Let your child dance their birthday away at Dance Unlimited, LLC. Dance Unlimited, LLC birthday parties include a 1-hour dance or cheerleading class. Dance styles include Princess Ballet, Dance Diva and Breaking Boys with their favorite teachers. Then take a break in the party room for more birthday fun. The party room is equipped with tables and chairs for up to 15 children and all clean up is provided for. Party options for all inclusive decorations or bring your own. Days and times are based on availability.
36. Broadway South Dance Studio – In October 2006, they opened their one of a kind state of the art dance studio in West Mobile, Alabama to approximately 200 students, a bit larger than anticipated! Having completed their 8th season, they registered over 550 students and are entering their 9th year in Mobile. Due to demand, they are adding a Saraland, Alabama location on Hwy 43 to serve Northern Mobile (opening Oct. 2014). They have 3 family friendly locations to choose from: West Mobile (Shillinger/Cottage Hill area-6000sf), Regency (Airport/University behind Applebee’s-5000sf) and coming Oct. 2014-Saraland (2500sf). Their facilities are on par with the top studios in the country such as Broadway Dance Center, Alvin Ailey, and School of American Ballet and are unique in Mobile. They encourage you to tour their website and come in to see their facilities and meet their staff-thus allowing you to experience what their studio offers the Gulf Coast. Broadway South has the largest faculty on the Gulf Coast offering you the widest selection of teachers to find just the right fit for your dancer. They are thrilled to be Mobile’s most versatile studio with a reputation of caring for each dancer and their family like they are a member of their own. Their sense of importance in family values is instilled in their business and brings a home-like atmosphere to their dancers and parents. Their school provides a platform for kids to build confidence and self esteem along with learning the fundamentals of teamwork. They provide ongoing training to their staff to ensure they are always providing their students and parents with the best experience possible. They have a wide variety of staff to better suit your needs. Each one brings several years of training and experience to their craft. Their unique class offerings make their studio the best choice for your dance needs in Mobile County by offering you the most choices in class selections. Broadway South has one of the most versatile and fascinating staff in the Gulf Coast area. Their faculty has been seen on ESPN, ABC, MTV, Oxygen, Style Network, and TLC. Their staff has trained at top schools such as Joffrey Ballet, New York City Ballet, Steps, Broadway Dance Center, Alvin Ailey, Gus GIordano, Debbie Reynolds School, and Tisch School of The Arts. Performances of their staff includes appearances with Paula Abdul, Chita Rivera, Liza Minelli, Debbie Allen,Mia Michaels, Sonya Tayeh, Suzanne Farell, and Whoopie Goldberg, to name a few and their talented faculty has danced on stages that span the world. Their vast knowledge of all areas of dance will provide your dancer a solid foundation in the dance arts.
35. The Dance Zone – Discover what it means to dance with NO LIMITS! This is their 12th year serving their community. Their teachers are professional and dedicated, and focus on the growth of each individual student. They welcome their families to share in the dance experience. You can see your child blossom through Parent Watch Weeks, Annual Recital, and specialty performance opportunities throughout the year. Youth Specialty Program, Recital Program, Competition Teams. The opportunities are endless as they strive to offer classes that fit with your desired schedule and commitment level. Yet whether you dance one hour or ten hours each week, each class is designed to aid in body awareness, strength, confidence and coordination – all building blocks of a good dancer! Their Youth Recital Program is designed to provide a comprehensive developmental growth experience that builds fundamental skills in an environment filled with fun and play. Their Youth Recital Program dancers show off their progress throughout the year during their Parent Watch Weeks, and finish off their year in a grand way with their own individual Recital Production at Cashman Theatre on June 6th & 7th. Their Recital Program offers classes in multiple dance disciplines. The program focuses on building level appropriate technique throughout the year and culminates in an end of the year Recital on June 6th & 7th at Cashman Theatre. Membership in the Open Technique Classes is by audition only. Offered from Level 4 and up, these classes are designed for dancers seeking training opportunities in addition to their current class schedule. Become a Triple Threat! Perform in high quality musical theatre productions! Ages 5 – 18 years of age. Discover Musical Theater at the Dance Zone. Learn singing and acting and be in a show. An energetic and unique musical theater program.
34. Krystie’s Dance Academy – Krysties Dance Academy Notes (“KDN”) was named Nexstar’s 2014 3-Time Grand National Champion “Victory Cup” Winners!! Their National Competition Team is 13-Time National Champions and Nexstar’s 2014 3-Time National Grand Champion “Victory Cup” Winners! This program is focused on the dancer who wants more in-depth and frequent dance training, with the fun, excitement, and camaraderie that goes with being a part of a team! Their National Competition Team travels to 4-5 Regional Dance Competitions in cities such as Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cleveland, Buffalo, Youngstown, and Detroit. For the seventh year at KDA, they are offering Dancers the opportunity to join their Regional Competition Team. This New and Exciting Sector of their Competitive Dance Program is perfect for boys and girls who want to train more than once a week in dance and be a part of a team, but not as much as it takes to Win at a National Level. They also offer their popular “Combo Classes” which feature training in Jazz, Tap, and Ballet, perfect for their younger KDA Dancers. Non-Competitive Dance Classes currently take place on Tuesdays at their Academy. Their Jazz, Ballet, Tap, Lyrical, Hip Hop, and Combo Classes all participate in their Annual Dance Recital Held at Packard Music Hall in May. Their Tumbling, Baton, Cheerleading, and Majorette Classes are part of their non-recital class offerings. They are not required to participate in their Annual Dance Recital. KDA has already welcomed more than 10 New Dancers to its 12-Time National Championship Competition Team and is looking forward to welcome more!
33. Denise Wall’s Dance Energy LTD – The National award winning Denise Walls’ Dance Energy (“DWDE”) Studio, offers classes in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Modern, Lyrical, Pointe, and Flamenco. Since opening in 1993, Denise Walls Dance Energy has turned out students that have gone on to careers with American Ballet Theatre, Kirov, Broadway, along with various professions with performance groups on cruise ships, hit T.V. shows, and multiple professional theatre groups, and more. Students with little previous dance training soared to unthinkable heights, while more experienced students had their skills nurtured and pushed to a boundless limit. Denise Walls Dance Energy offers a program which covers a full range of techniques necessary for each of the dance arts. The studio’s faculty consists of professional teachers who are fully qualified to provide training that will prepare those students who have the talent and desire to enter a career that is professional and or recreational. Their facility encompasses over 2,500 square feet, consisting of a waiting room, three dance studios, a dressing room, bathroom and locker area. The studio rooms have raised sprung wood floors, and 9 foot ceilings to ensure the safety of their dancers (except Danny Tidwell keeps hitting his head on the ceiling with his incredible jumps!). Each room includes full wall length mirrors, and ballet barres. Their award winning faculty provides, the highest level of instruction in a fun, relaxed and safe environment. Their focus is on instruction of proper dance technique and development of physical coordination while at the same time emphasizing injury prevention and creative enjoyment. All members of their staff adhere to the school’s philosophy of allowing the individuality and potential of each student to be realized.
32. Dance Precisions – Dance Precision’s mission is committed to providing quality dance lessons in a safe and family friendly environment. Our goal is to provide great kids who appreciate the arts and are prepared for the future. The top 10 reasons to choose Dance Precision are: (1) their 27 successful years. (2) four different programs to offer dancers the training best suited for them. Stars dance for youngest dancers Academy Dance for recreational dancers; 2nd company performing teams and 1st company National Championship competition teams. (3) Customize your classes to work with your busy schedule over 100 classes a week. (4) six studios with raised wood floors 20 fully experienced teachers. (5) Home to cheer precisions and can provide dancers with outstanding tumbling classes and coaches. (6) Affiliated with Team Millennia for World Class Hip Hop dancing. (7) Master classes with professions from LA to NY. (8) Summer intensives taught by well known industry professionals. (9) Annual Recital held in a professional theater for all dances. and (10) Our Dance studio offers personal care and attention to dancers and their families. The Academy Dance is their recreational dance. The dances learned there are your usual suspects, jazz, tap, ballet, hip hop, cheerleading, song leading, tumbling and more. The Stars Dance program is for their youngest dancers and the programs they include are: include Parent & Me, Wiggles & Giggles, Rising Star, Shooting Stars, Shining Stars, and Super Stars. Dance Precision’s 2nd Company is a training company created to provide beginning and intermediate dancers stage time until they are ready to move up to Dance Precision’s 1st Company. Dance Precision’s 1st Company is dedicated to building great dancers who will be taught a healthy approach to competition.
31. Studio Bleu – Something that separates Studio Bleu from other studios is their ability to focus on each dancer as an individual. Their primary objective is to help each child attain their own personal goals. From classical to hip hop, they offer classes to put your unique expression into motion. For the adult who knows it’s never too late to make a change in your life to the two year old who wants to be on stage, there is an open door at Studio Bleu for you to step in and enrich your world. Dance not only shapes your body and mind, but shapes you as a person as well. Dance instills confidence, discipline and self-respect. It’s also a lot of fun! Studio Bleu invites guest artists to teach their students. They encourage their students to reach out past what the studio has to offer. They arrange various opportunities for their students to learn outside the studio. Studio Bleu’s goal is to make their students successful and they try to go above and beyond to make the student’s personal goals and dreams become a possibility.